Patio doors and bi-fold doors are now manufactured taller and wider than ever before, and can make any outdoor space feel like a natural extension of your home.
Some of the bi-fold doors that SRL manufactures can be up to 6 metres wide and can span spanning the whole length and height of walls. Their sturdy construction, high levels of security and ease of operation make them extremely attractive and appealing. They allow the maximum levels of light to enter buildings, and also offer privacy when it is needed. Because of their solid construction and ease of use, bi-folding sliding doors are ideal for both homes and businesses that want the option of enjoying a greater feeling of light and that want to turn the outside space into another usable room.
When it comes to choosing a bi-fold door or patio doors, there are lots of new options available for customers.
What type of patio door you opt for will depend on your business or home’s design. To help you make the right choice, we’ve drawn up a list of 5 top design tips to help you choose the right patio door for your home or business.
- Because swinging and French doors need room to open, you’ll need to consider factors like furniture and wall placement before determining which opening method works best for the space. If space is tight, consider using a stationary panel with a single swinging door or sliding doors that fit well in any sized space.
- Choose a design that has a wide doorway to provide greater access and stronger connection to your outdoor living space. Look for folding patio door systems or integrate multiple French and swing doors into your design.
- Since glass is a major component of patio doors, you’ll want to select the right type with the greatest benefits and the highest levels of efficiency. The correct type of glass can help to lower energy bills all year round and protect against UV fading. Decorative tempered glass offers privacy and added style, while still letting in natural light.
- Choose a material that is durable and easy to maintain, especially if you plan on using your patio door as the main entrance to your home or business.
- Be sure the quality and style of your patio door complements your home or business.