Alert: Coronavirus (Covid-19) Survives Up To 9 Days On Door Handles
Confirmed by scientists around the world, Coronavirus (Covid-19) survives for up to 9 days on door handles. The Purehold hygienic door handle covers are the perfect soltuion to combat the coronavirus along side any other unwanted viruses, germs and bacteria.
The Purehold Pull is a self-cleaning antibacterial door handle cover that uses silver technology. The coating works 24/7 to continuously combat pathogens that are transferred onto the surface by users.
- Proven in the lab to kill 99.9%1 of bacteria, using silver technology embedded into handle surface (independently tested to ISO 22196).
- Proven in the field to be 96.4%2 cleaner than standard door handles (independently tested).
- Simply clipped over existing pull door handles, the Purehold PULL can be fitted in less than 30 seconds and requires no tools or experience.
- Will fit any cylindrical pull door handle with a diameter of 19mm, 20mm or 22mm (these are the 3 most common in the UK).
- No chemicals or poisons – simply harmless silver ions.
- Can help improve hygiene and reduce costly staff sickness & disruption – The annual cost of a handle is less than the cost of even a single days’ basic salary at the Minimum Wage Rate.
- Shelf life of 6 months, with timestrip indicator to prompt replacement when needed.
- Extremely robust and sturdy, with no maintenance required.
- Stylish look to complement your existing door handles.
- Available in blue or black. Other colours are available for volume orders.
- Can be recycled.
How it works:
- Microbes are transferred onto the door handle by users.
- Silver ions (Ag) penetrate the cell membrane of the microbe.
- The ions suffocate the microbe and attack it’s DNA to prevent reproduction.
Common microbes found on door furniture include E-coli, Salmonella, Camplylobacteur and Staph Aureus.
The Purehold PULL will fit any cylindrical pull door handle with a diameter of 19mm, 20mm or 22mm (these are the 3 most common in the UK). Contact us if you’re unsure of your handle size and we can send you a gauge to help measure!
Undertaken by Wickham Laboratories
ISO 22196:2011 (measure of antibacterial activity on plastics and other surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Kill 99.99% of E-coli
- Kill 99.99% of Staph Aureus
- Kill 98.6% of Salmonella
- 3 door locations selected (Male toilet, female toilet and busy canteen)
- Stainless steel door handles provided benchmark
- 2 swabs taken from each door handle trialled
- 3 separate field trials undertaken
- Purehold Antibacterial coating showed to be 96.4% (on average) cleaner than stainless steel